Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Sure This Has Never Happened to You...

Have you ever tried to learn another language, and when the moment comes to put it into practice you give it your best, but what you *actually* said isn't what you *thought* you said, and you can't understand why people are laughing hysterically until someone finally takes a breath and explains it to you, which causes you to become horrified and want to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich? Uh-huh....

No, I'm not going to tell you what I said, but let's just say I'm feeling very ostrich-y today!

3 comments:

Sheila P said...

Hi Angela
(not sure what to call you!)
Just wanted to tell you again how much I enjoy reading your blog. It always brightens my week! Thanks and God bless!
Sheila

Anna said...

You can call me whatever you'd like. Over here, someone started calling me Annie and it stuck, but back home I'm still Angela, so it really doesn't matter!

ROSIE said...

Sis,

Oh, yes, I've had Ostrich Syndrome many times, especially my first year in England!! I won't go into the details but I thought I was complimenting somene's courage and determination. Turns out I had inadvertently commented on something entirely inappropriate for polite conversation/mixed company!!! Any time the rude men laugh and the women die of embarrassment, you know it's probably a good idea to dig a hole and crawl in....

The good news is, even I can laugh about it now!

Love you!
Rosie