Monday, January 19, 2009

Someone Knows My Name!

They say it takes two to three years to establish roots and build friendships when moving to another country. After being here 16 months, I believe it.

This morning at church, four people greeted me by name. FOUR people! You don't realise what a blessing it is for someone to know your name and greet you until you find yourself alone in another country. It is huge.

We sang a song about the King of Glory, and I almost cried! I felt a strong sense of family as I looked around me at the different nationalities represented. To think that some of them know my name! And to be in that room together, worshiping the King of Glory, who is over all earthly leaders... that is beyond words. Whether your President is Robert Mugabe or Barack Obama, whether you are under a king or a communist leader, the King of Glory is over all, and you know what? He knows your name, and He longs to bring you into His family.

1 comment:

Sheila P said...

Thanks for reminding me that the King of Glory knows MY name! What a Friend we have in Jesus!