Thursday, December 22, 2011

Journal of the Spa, Part 5


11h30 - Sylvia massages my neck and head. I see only the forest in front of me. I am hyper-aware of every moth, spider and bird that makes its presence known. Two monkeys peer curiously from behind a rock. 

 There is music playing in the background – Asian music – and I smile. I could be in Japan, in the bamboo forest of the Hamilton Botanical Gardens in New Zealand or here in the Republic of South Africa.  God’s love and presence spans the globe and though I am displaced from my culture and all things familiar I am very much at home.  This is home.  I settle into a deep contentment.

I am so humbled and thankful that God brought me to this country. I wish only to live with a great respect for the people of South Africa who have allowed me to make my home with them. My life has been incredibly enriched by all they are and all they have to offer the world. Who am I, to be so blessed?

No comments: