Monday, December 26, 2011

Journal of the Spa, Part 6

12h00 - Sylvia works on my arms and hands. The exfoliating hurts when she gets to my left hand which is still healing from a rather bad burn. I am thankful for the gift of having two functioning hands after having had the use of only one for two weeks. I tell God of my desire for these hands – my right hand, which writes and draws in black, and my left hand, which does all else and shades in colour. May these hands encourage people – through writing, through music, through touch. May my right hand point people to God and write only that which is true and meaningful. May my left hand add an element of creativity and fun which brings joy, humour and a playfulness that also points to God. Together may these hands create a beautiful counterpoint that fulfils God’s call on my life.

Lunchtime, 13h00 - I do not worry about the food I am ingesting or the kilojoules I have consumed. I can only bask in the presence of God and wonder at His love for me.

The words of Genesis 28:16 come to mind and suddenly I am Jacob stirring from a dream in which I wrestled with God and upon awakening said, “Surely the Lord is in this place and I was not aware of it.”

Surely God is present in each of my days, in every one of the 86,400 seconds.  Surely God is active and moving all around me if I could just remove the veil from my eyes, the deafness from my ears and the hardness of my heart to be sensitive to the evidence.  Surely God is in the dark places I don't want to acknowledge as well as in the places of joy and mirth.  Surely God is present in my weaknesses and failings as well as in my strengths and successes.  Surely God is as much present when I am alone with my thoughts and nakedness at night as He is when I put my best foot forward in public during the day. Surely God is present.  Surely God is.  Surely...

No comments: