15h15 - Sylvia works on my feet. I look upon these feet and muse over their history:
- These are the feet that danced through almond orchards as a child.
- These are the feet that ran, terrified, from a leather belt.
- These are the feet that stood once again in resilience and healing.
- These are the feet that traversed the globe, finding purpose in a path not chosen but greater than they could have imagined.
- These are the feet that flounder from time to time, losing their way or stumbling over a rocky trail.
- These are the feet that occasionally run like the wind, discovering a course and momentum perfectly suited to their unique construction and ability.
They are tired feet. They are strong feet. They are blistered and they are beautiful. They are my feet and they are every man’s feet.